“The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
Socrates said: “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
Sometimes life goes by so quickly it is hard to find time to pause and reflect on all that is going on in our relationships and our endeavours. Space and time to examine your life can allow the opportunity to process and digest your experiences. If the hustle and bustle and daily stress in life is like stirring sand in a turbulent glass of water, then psychotherapy is allowing the sand to settle, the mind to clear and the body to rest.
Potential benefits and outcomes of therapy:
- developing a strong sense of self with healthy boundaries and a greater range of internal resources
- systematically free yourself from the limiting beliefs your have carried from your past
- more satisfying, fun, healthy, loving, intimate relationships
- get to know yourself better – what do you really think and feel about things and how do you express this with others?
- feeling more comfortable and confident within yourself
- living with more spontaneity and freedom to be yourself and rewrite the story of your life, now and into the future
- learn to relax and trust in life
- discover what it is like being in relationship with you
- practice and experiment new ways of being to transfer into your relational life